Thursday, February 21, 2013

SammieJay:Life as a WannaBe:rise and shine or don't it's your life

Okay so this is an extremely early post. So Good Morning World! How is everyone doing on this fine Thursday morning?

I'm posting so early this morning because I don't think I'll be able to post tonight. I have to go to a play festival that is mandatory for school. Maybe I'll write up a review tomorrow on the plays. Maybe I won't. I don't want to bore my two readers.

Todays post will be short and sweet. Nothing important just a thought I've had since starting college.

Why is it that I'm having a harder time waking up for college than I did for getting up for high school. It worries me because the time I go to bed each night has not changed since eighth grade. In fact I wake up later for college than I did for high school. For high school I would wake up at 5:30 every morning and for college I get up at 7. It's like da fuck is up with that.

It's like I've lost all motivation to accomplish anything anymore. I already know when I wake up now that my day is going to be shitty. I'm guaranteed to sit in traffic, look for 15 minutes for a parking lot, I'll be assigned the most ridiculous assignments that have no purpose and won't help me later on in my life. At least in high school I would have to be up for five hours to see if my day will be shitty. I usually wouldn't realize that until after lunch.    

Going to college you have people asking you all these questions like what's your major. That question I have no problem with. I don't care that my major seems stupid, Theatre Arts, or not reliable. I hate it when people snicker and then proceed to ask how are you going to support myself... Um excuse me I just got here! I literally just decide college was a good path for me to take. Don't make me start worrying about after college, I have three more years.

People say go to a profession you're going to love. They never said anything about a profession that will make you money!I love theatre and that's not going to be a financially stable profession, but I don't care because that's what I love.  

In high school all you have to really worry about is not looking like a fool in front of your crush. And yes I know you're saying what about college... I didn't really have to worry about that because my guidance counselor really helped me with all that. I'll I really needed to do was remember my social security number and I was in college.

I guess I'm saying it's harder to wake up when you have so many factors pushing against you.

Am I the only one who has trouble getting up in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment