Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SammieJay: Life as a WannaBe

I know I'm not the only one when I say I have definitely thought about giving my soul to the devil in return for a perfect life.

It's such a common theme in movies, music, and literature. The first appearance that caused a ripple effect on the other forms of media is Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's Faust.  It's the original tale of a middle aged man named, you guessed it Faust. He's a Renaissance man who is skilled in multiple fields. He's gotten to a certain point in his life where he has given up on everything. When he's at a festival with his assistant he notices a black poodle following him. He thinks it's a demon his assistance thinks it's just a fluffy dog. When he returns home with the dog he demands it to show it's true form. What manifests is the demon Mephistopheles, who tells Faust he will grant him anything he wants if he sells his soul to him. The rest of the play is about Faust going to a withes den to drink a potion that will make him thirty years younger. He then falls in love with a girl named Gretchen. He gets her pregnant and abandons her. When her brother confronts him they duel and with the help of Mephistopheles Faust kills him. Faust then goes to find Gretchen but she is in jail for poisoning her mother and drowning her baby. In the end Faust wants to break Gretchen out of prison but she refuses and says she needs to face her wrong doing. Faust looks like he might get his soul back but in the end he dies and goes to hell.



In my opinion Faust was an idiot. Wasting his wishes on youth and jewelry to impress a young lady... Kinda of stupid. Do you really want a girl who loves you just for your looks and money. It's kind of shallow if you ask me. 

He I had to sell my soul to the devil for 8 wishes, like in Bedazzled... the 1967 version with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore not the monstrosity  that is the Brendan Frazier version. So I've thought a lot about this and these would be my seven wishes.

1.  I would wish for a heaping plate of tater tots... that never end. Like it would keep refilling itself. Tots are amazing. Everyone likes them and I would get so many friends. 

2. Wish number two would go to me skipping the next five years. I am not a big fan of college and I'm finding it very hard to figure out what I want to do with my life. In five years hopefully I'll know what I want to do with my life and be well on my way to achieve it.  

3. Wish tres... To have Morgan Freeman narrate my life. I need a velvety chocolate voice like Morgan's, yes we're on first name basis, to tell my life story. I guess it would make my life seem a lot more exciting than it really is. 

4. I want a superpower. not just any superpower... I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS. And yes jesus is a superpower. I want his superpowers but without all the dying and being whipped and crucified and all that shit.   

5. I guess my fifth wish should be for world peace and cure for all diseases and poverty and all that shit. I don't want to be seen as a selfish a-hole. Soooooo here you go world. You're Welcome!

6. Wish six to have enough knowledge to be considered super smart but also just enough so I'm not considered to be an asshole. Nothings worst than someone who is a pretentious smart person who has no respect for anyone. 

7.  My life goal is to work for Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of everything awesome. They are known for South Park, The Book of Mormon, Cannibal the Musical and other great creations these master minds have thought of. I would do anything to work for them. I would even sacrifice my mother in an ancient mayan ritual.  I would Cobra Kick my fathers leg, aka sweep the leg, to work with them. After I got the job I would do anything they told me. Get coffee, come up with the next funniest thing they wanted to make. Do my impressions of dead presidents. I do an awesome William McKinley. I would even go as low as break dance for those two. They're my idols and I would wish for them to know who I was.

8. I'm not a complete idiot so I would definitely wish for more wishes.  Duhhhh 

Let me know what you guys would wish for if you had only eight wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment